Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email. If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly round-up. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, July 12, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Michael Prompt: In memory of Nora Ephron: “I always read the last page of a book first so that if I die before I finish I’ll know how it turned out.” How would the last page of your life story read?
- Grace O’Malley Prompt: ”The history of my life is the history of the struggle between an overwhelming urge to write and a combination of circumstances bent on keeping me from it.” -F.Scott Fitzgerald
- Jester Queen Prompt: Malaise.
- FlamingNyx Prompt: I didn’t mean to steal it. It just followed me home.
- kgwaite Prompt: Write a story about someone deciding which mask to wear for the day.
- Kat Prompt: You step out of the front door and your entire world has changed. Tell us how and why.
- Diane Prompt: Create a news story with this headline: Beer-Crazed Elephants Face Execution!
- Eric Storch Prompt: (S)he had a good point, but (s)he was terrible at making it.
- Wendryn Prompt: Write whatever comes to mind from the words: “There is nothing”
- Andrea Prompt: Someone else is in control of a huge decision that will change the course of your life.
- Barb Black Prompt: Sixteen saltines and a birthday card
- Tara Roberts Prompt: Holy moley geezus penelope pitstop! Its frigging roasting hotter than hell-o operator out there!