Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email. If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly round-up. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, August 2, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Barb Black Prompt: The letter held something important, something that made moving difficult.
- Wendryn Prompt: raspberry tarts and a missing hairpiece
- Last Mom On Earth Prompt: Survival of the fittest.
- Diane Prompt: A very small brain.
- Michael Prompt: Nobody sells crutches or wheelchairs for the emotionally crippled.
- SAM Prompt: Whatever your kids are comes from you. So whatever irritates, look at yourself. -Art Garfunkel
- Cameron Prompt: Little Miss Muffett sat on a tuffett eating her curdsand whey. Along came a spider and sat down beside her, but what if he DIDN’T scare her away?
- Jester Queen Prompt: Odds, bobs, hammer and tongs!
- Maya Bahl Prompt: “What are you going to tell your Mom?” “I’m not.”
- kgwaite Prompt: Cradle of Civilization
- November Rain (k~) Prompt: Some things, like dark chocolate, can’t wait.