Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email. If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly round-up. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, August 16, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Chelle: “The wave–!”
- trencher: “‘It was never a matter of right or wrong…’”
- Jester Queen: “A character, taking shelter from a storm, has an unusual encounter.”
- Maya Bahl: “If I had any soul left, I’d have felt bad.”
- Tara Roberts: “The world is your stage, and I am a duck.”
- Eric Storch: “‘Oh, for heaven’s sake. You could win a gold medal for stupid.’”
- SAM: “You have the opportunity to relive one day of your go. Which one and why?”
- Eric Limer: “There were fifteen pictures left and spare flashbulbs in her pocket.”
- Cheney: “‘That’s exactly what I’ve been trying to tell you.’ (No need to use that verbatim, in fact, please don’t.)”
- Michael: “I’m so glad to see that you thought of me.”
- Laura: “‘No one ever does, and there is no final judgment, and we never reach the end of the marble bridge.’ – Glenn Carle”
- FlamingNyx: “It’s all fun and games until someone realizes it’s not fun at all.”
- Barb Black: “As I stood holding my hand over the bleeding wound, his heart beat kept steady. I did everything to avoid eye contact, but I knew that he felt that I loved him dearly, and I stopped pretending that I didn’t love him beyond words.”
- kgwaite: “Write a piece based on your favorite nursery rhyme.”
- Grace O’Malley: “You have three minutes to evacuate.”