Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email. If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly round-up. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, August 23, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Caitlin Prompt: Write a story around a headline from today’s newspaper.
- Jester Queen Prompt: I lifted back the lace curtain to peer into the rainy courtyard. My heart seized in shock and fear as I watched an orange Aston Martin, circa 1950, roll into the drive…
- Lance Prompt: Clever little birds, they darted away every time I came near, tittering their amusement at my discomfiture.
- FlamingNyx Prompt: Her fingers gripped the only jagged rock available when an arm appeared….
- November Rain (k~) Prompt: One thing to give up to be happy: hope. Oh, and there is another: faith.
- Michael Prompt: Marshmallows in the snow
- Wendryn Prompt: “Whatever you want to do can be done before midnight…Nothing good happens after midnight.” -Vanna White
- Eric Storch Prompt: The first rainfall after weeks of heat
- Cameron Prompt: What if the coffee “Coffee-Bucks” served wasn’t really coffee?
- Tara Roberts Prompt: Mourning the loss of someone who hasn’t died.
- Alison Prompt: Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today. – Mark Twain
- Jake Prompt: Southern debutantes from Charleston, SC
- SAM Prompt: I strolled into the kitchen, and who did I find?! That harlot brazenly sitting at the table!
- Barb Black Prompt: Use the first line of your favorite song to start or end your story (or both). Please share the name of the song and artist at the beginning or the end of your post.
- kgwaite Prompt: Some mornings it just isn’t worth chewing through the restraints…