Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email. If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly round-up. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, September 13, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Michael Prompt: The impending storm looked like one never seen before. The sky was green and the animals were restless. It was a bad day to be a zookeeper.
- Laura Prompt: An artist has got to be careful never really to arrive at a place when he thinks he’s at somewhere. You always have to realize that you’re constantly in a state of becoming. As long as you can stay in that realm, you’ll sort of be all right. -Bob Dylan
- kgwaite Prompt: There’s always time to do it right.
- Major Bedhead Prompt: We do not belong here.
- Andrea Prompt: An RC cola and a Moon Pie.
- Diane Prompt: On the upside of a downward spiral (from Drive By by Train)
- Cheney Prompt: If aliens exist, and they see what we watch on television, what must they think of us?
- Eric Storch Prompt: Use the word “defenestrate” in your response.
- Tara Roberts Prompt: Good, clean filth
- Wendryn Prompt: When all seems lost, ask your Mother.
- Cameron Prompt: I’m cuckoo for copepods. – Bill Nye
- Jester Queen Prompt: The Hell Cafe.
- SAM Prompt: A woman finds three sacred objects