Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email. If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly round-up. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, September 27, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- kgwaite Prompt: You have (or your character has) five minutes to make an important decision.
- SAM Prompt: Today, I love the sky.
- Kat Prompt: Hog-tied at the Neon Moon
- Lance Prompt: Write about a heart that wouldn’t quit.
- Cameron Prompt: It was a long time ago and I don’t want to talk about it.
- Eric Storch Prompt: I don’t write anything. I only make drawings.
- Jester Queen Prompt: Thor, Loki and Sif walk into a bar and the bartender says…
- Michael Prompt: The narrow world exploded with colors.
- Diane Prompt: “Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel/ Was just a freight train coming your way-” Metallica, “No Leaf Clover”
- Andrea Prompt: Go back in time to an event you’ve always wished you could see firsthand. Describe it from your point of view.
- Christine Prompt: Pick a superstition and use it in a story or poem.