Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email. If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly round-up. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, November 1, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Michael Prompt: It was a dark and stormy night… (For Halloween’s sake!)
- Jester Queen Prompt: The things you should have given to the relationship, you give to the work. -Billy Joel
- SAM Prompt: Down where the loss cuts worst.
- kgwaite Prompt: You can still hear the echo of the guitar in the alleyway today.
- Katri Prompt: Dear Mr. President. Dear Mr. Romney.
- Barb Black Prompt: Fear isn’t rational or kind.
- Lance Prompt: He opened the door and along with a cold gust of wind, she came in.
- Debra Elliott Prompt: In 500 words, write a breakup letter without using curse words or revealing the sex of the person you’re writing too.
- Rebecca L Brewer Prompt: She stared at the swarm of bees gathered around the hive.
- David Wiley Prompt: She saw her father from across the room. She felt invisible.
- Crosshavenharpist Prompt: The fate of the world depended on…
- Kurt Prompt: In 450 words or less, describe how a situation in a public place that seems completely ordinary suddenly becomes terrifying for your character. In honor of Halloween!