Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email.
If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly roundup. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, January 17, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Tara Roberts Prompt: “It’s just an old figurine, what could you possibly want with it?”
- Dara Prompt: It’s nothing a second cup of coffee won’t cure.
- Michael Prompt: “The heart has its reason which reason knows nothing of.” — Blaise Pascal
- SAM Prompt: “If you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, you’re still in the [expletive] tunnel.” -John Oates
- kgwaite Prompt: The inside of the home was rarely, if ever, spotless. Crumbs lined the edges of the kitchen cabinets, dust bunnies haunted the crannies of the entertainment center, but none of it mattered, for when you stepped into this home, the first thing that grabbed your attention was the laughter. Always, there was laughter.
- Eric Storch Prompt: Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
- Julia Mae Prompt: The Ace bandage had become unraveled, but I didn’t mind.
- Andrea Prompt: The eyes are not the windows of the soul, they are the doors. Beware what may enter them. (A quote from “Doctor Who” but please don’t feel you need to write about him. Just a little inspiration!)
- Melissa Prompt: Write something which includes these three things: A Barbie, a skeleton key, and a ring.