Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email.
If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly roundup. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, February 7, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Chelle Prompt: “If you have to decide, then the answer is don’t do it. If you have a choice, then the answer is no.” -Bruce Springsteen
- Julia Mae Prompt: I’m going through changes
- Kirsten Piccini Prompt: An observation during someone else’s birthday celebration.
- Venus Moon Prompt: “Darkness cloaks my heart like a blanket..”
- SAM Prompt: I remember the first time…
- Debbie Prompt: The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker
- Andrea Prompt: Write a piece using the song “Down to Zero” by Joan Armatrading http://youtu.be/2hM3CNOhkFs
- kgwaite Prompt: Regret.
- Barb Black Prompt: The fault belongs to all of us.
- Kurt Prompt: It was the middle of Summer and still 80 degrees at midnight.
- Michael Prompt: “When you cut into the present, the future leaks out.” -William S. Burroughs