Welcome to the prompt exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email.
If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly roundup. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing.
The deadline is Thursday, February 14, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Corinne Prompt: In 1939, surrealist artist Salvador Dalí cancelled a press preview of his show at New York’s World Fair “due to complexity of subconscious.” Imagine someone has to cancel a very important event… for a very unusual reason.
- Ankita Prompt: You wake up one morning as a professional hockey player with a huge game that afternoon.
- Michael Prompt: Friendships that went sour
- Venus Moon Prompt: “Do not escape. Light up the road by being more intensely upon it.”-Galway Kinnell
- Minzy Prompt: She looks at the misted mirror, swipes the glass.
- kgwaite Prompt: Heaven that leads to hell
- Kirsten Piccini Prompt: The old house…
- SAM Prompt: “do you wear a halo or horns?”
- Debbie Prompt: Take time to smell the roses.
- Barb Black Prompt: Singing with words no one could understand, she carefully packed the box.
- Aspen Prompt: I think I’ve been kidnapped by my muses.