Welcome to the Prompt Exchange for this week! If you signed up, you should have received your prompt via email.
If you didn’t receive an email, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.
There aren’t many rules. Write something that responds to the prompt. Include the footer; the information for that is in the email, too. If you are on Twitter, please tweet your response and make sure to give credit to the person who gave you the prompt. Feel free to mention us on Facebook, if you’d rather! Once you are done, post a link in the comments here so we can read your work and include it in the weekly roundup. If your response to a prompt completely blows us away, we may ask you to submit a piece to Scriptic for publishing. Submissions are currently open if you have something great you’d like us to see.
The deadline for this week’s challenge is Thursday, March 21st, at midnight Eastern time.
Here is a list of people who signed up for this week, and the prompts to which they’ve been assigned. If your name isn’t on the list, please visit this page to sign up for next week.
- Anna: “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” –Robin Williams
- Michael: It was a joy just to see her fly.
- Debbie: Getting everything you want has nothing to do with anything. –Thom Yorke
- SAM: The signs of the time are omens. –Switchfoot, “Innocence Again”
- Kurt: What does “immortality” mean to you?
- Julia Mae: And there’s a taste in my mouth as desperation takes hold. –Ian Curtis, “Love Will Tear Us Apart”
- kgwaite: Never say you didn’t have a choice. You always have a choice.
- Kirsten: I live in the Twitterverse.